Stuffed Crawfish Bisque Heads is a traditional Cajun recipe which uses the upper part of a few of the largest crawfish in the pot, after it has been cleaned out, for stuffing. I don't know who thought of this, but he or she did the world a flavor. Check it out.
- 15 lbs. live crawfish
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 lb.butter
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- scald crawfish, (see instructions on Crawfish Bisque I)
- peel, clean and de-vein crawfish tails
- clean and save 2 dozen shells (thorax) of the largest crawfish and set aside.
- combine butter, onions and celery while stirring constantly
- cook in uncovered pot over medium heat until onions are wilted
- remove from heat
- add bread crumbs, beaten eggs, seasoning, chopped crawfish tails, green onions and parsley
- mix well
- stuff cleaned crawfish head shells
- bake in oven for 20 minutes at 350 F.
Stuffed crawfish bisque heads makes a wonderful addition to seafood platters.