This White Chicken Enchiladas recipe was handed down to me by a friend who lives a few miles from me. It is sooo good that you'd better plan on making a couple batches of these if you have two or more people in your family or group, or they won't forgive you for not making more. It is easy to make as you will see.
- 10 soft taco shells
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I prefer Kraft Tex-Mex)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilis
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9" x 13" pan
- Mix chicken and 1 cup shredded cheese
- Roll up in tortillas and place in pan
- In a saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute
- Add broth and whisk until smooth
- Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly
- Stir in sour cream and chillis Note: Do not bring to boil or the sour cream will curdle.
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 22 minutes and then under high broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.
Enjoy! Let me know how you like 'em.