|Bacon-wrapped Cajun Burgers|
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 or 2 Tbs cayenne pepper (your choice)
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- thoroughly mix all the above ingredients (except bacon slices)
- form 4 1/2" diameter by 1" thick meat patties
- place patties on a cookie sheet and semi-freeze the burgers (about 1 hour)
- remove from freezer and wrap the patties along the edge, or crisscross, with slices of bacon
- for circular wraps insert a toothpick to join the bacon strips with the meat patties
- cook on stove top, bake in oven or grill on the barbeque
Before storing them in the freezer, stack the burger patties between sheets of waxed-paper for easy removal and contain them in Ziploc bags until cooking time. This method takes a little effort but is well worth the time.
Note: A word of precaution: remove the toothpicks from the Cajun burgers before serving to avoid accidental swallowing.