A Hearty and Delicious Stew in 15 Minutes - Serves 4
- 1 pint Borden's Half 'n Half (milk/cream)
- 1 (8 oz.) can oysters (save liquid)
- 1 (14.75 oz.) Campbell's Creamy Chicken Soup - condensed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 Tbs freshly minced onions
- 2 Tbs butter
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium sauce pan begin by sautéing the minced onions and butter on medium high heat for about 3-4 minutes. Add oyster liquid, slowly stir and bring to a low boil. Next, dissolve 1 can of creamy chicken soup into the mixture. Finally, add the canned oysters, chopped green onions and cook on low for another 5 minutes before adding the pint of Borden's Half 'n Half.
Continue cooking on a low heat for another couple minutes. Do not allow the stew to boil at this point and take care not to stir the stew too vigorously lest the cooked oysters fall apart.
This will serve 4 people. Enjoy with your favorite crackers or toast.