This is a simple combo meal you can whip-up in just a few minutes. I use a combination of two kinds of canned fish and a couple boiled potatoes to make these yummy fish patties.
- 1 can Chicken of the Sea Pink Salmon 14.75 oz.
- 2 (5 oz.) cans StarKist Chunk Light Tuna
- 2 medium Russet potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- vegetable oil
After draining the liquid from the salmon and tuna fish, combne the first 7 ingredients together and mix thoroughly. Next, form patties using about 3/4 cup of the mixture each then coat the fish patties with Italian style bread crumbs.
In a skillet pour enough oil to coat the bottom and fry the patties on medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden-brown.
Serve with tartar sauce. Makes 6 - 8 servings.
Note: For the seasoning part of this recipe I prefer to add about a teaspoon each of garlic salt with parsley, black pepper and Old Bay seasoning.