- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb. hot breakfast sausage
- 1 lb. long grain rice (3 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 can beef stock
- 1 packet of Lipton's Beefy Onion soup mix
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large cast iron skillet begin by browning both meats over medium heat. About half-way through the browning process add the Lipton's Beefy Onion soup mix, the chopped onions and bell peppers and continue to cook (uncovered) until the vegetables have become translucent.
Next, stir-in the can of beef stock and continue cooking and stirring for about 15 minutes before adding the chopped green onions and parsley.
Finally, stir-in the cooked rice and mix well.
Serve piping hot. Makes 10 -12 servings. Enjoy! Ahheee!!