This is a Real Cajun Cooking - Pure and Simple original recipe which makes 12 - 15 servings and takes less than an hour to prepare. Yummy!
- 5 lbs. Russet potatoes, boiled
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3 Tbs. dill relish
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. paprika
- peel, dice, boil and drain the potatoes then set aside
- boil, peel and finely chop eggs in a food chopper
- finely chop 1 medium white onion
- slice each stalk of celery in 4s (lengthwise) and finely chop
- chop green onions
- add chopped eggs, onions, bell pepper, celery, green onions, relish, mayo, mustard, cayenne pepper, salt and ground black pepper in a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- in a larger bowl add everything together (except the paprika) then toss and mix well until all of the bits of potatoes are thoroughly coated. Try not to mash the potatoes in the process.
- level-off the salad and sprinkle paprika on top to add color
- set the salad in the refrigerator to cool before serving.
- makes 12 – 15 servings
Note: Do not use a blender to chopped your vegetables because it will cause your salad to lose the crunchiness. It is important to take your time to properly chop the onions, bell pepper and celery by hand to produce the perfect potato salad. The chopped pieces should be about the size of a pencil eraser. And, for a bit of extra color and eye-appeal you may want to add a few sprigs of parsley on top for good measure.