There are many pieces of cast iron cookware. Many fine meals have been prepared in cast iron frying pans and skillets. Cast iron has handles that can endure the heat. When you're not using your cookware, it is best to grease it down to prevent rust. Never use detergents. Detergents will remove the patina which has built-up over time.
Cleaning cast iron is rather simple if cleaned while warm. Wash out and towel dry. Storing food in cast iron is not recommended. Moisture can form and cause rust to develop . This could be very harmful.
Cast Iron Cookware
- Fry Pans--great for frying chicken or fish.
- Dutch Ovens- Can be used for many purposes. (This can be used when camping out or cooking your favorite pot of soup or beans.)
- Cornbread Pan- ideal for cooking cornbread or small pieces of fish.
- Flat Bottom Square Skillet- used for frying eggs, bacon or sausages.
- Country Kettle- makes some great chili, soups and stews.
- Cast Iron Charcoal Grill - great for grilling on picnics.
Campers use cast iron cookware to prepare their outdoor meals. Haven't you ever eaten fried bacon, eggs and outdoor toast?
Catching fish and frying them up outdoors by the lake is awesome. They also come in handy at sporting events and tail gating.
Cast Iron cookware isn't all that expensive. It does require more maintenance than other cookware. Preserving your cookware is simple. Keep it clean and greased down.
If your parents and grandparents used cast iron cookware, you can believe that it is durable and can stand the heat. The weight of the cast iron helps to equalize the heat. Cast iron is great for slow cooking .
Cast iron cookware has multiple uses--indoor and outdoor. Having cast iron cookware will benefit your family for generations to come. Carry your children and grandchildren down to the lake or creek and fry-up some of your favorite fish.
Camp out and enjoy the scent of bacon cooking and hot coffee brewing. Your life will never be the same once you invest in cast iron cookware.
Prepare to hand down your cast iron cookware to your children. It is that durable.