The meal is simple to prepare and rates highly among the more popular Cajun entrées.
- 2 lbs. fresh medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small can tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- melt butter and stir-in flour, onions, celery and bell pepper, mixing well
- cook on medium heat until the vegetables become translucent
- blend-in the tomato juice, water, garlic and seasonings
- simmer on medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently
- add the fresh medium shrimp and cook for an additional 20 minutes
- serve over cooked long grain rice
Question: How do you smother chicken?
Answer: Use tiny pillows and sneak-up on 'em while they are sleeping.
Ahheee!! C'est bon!