- Large heavy skillet
- 12 cup Muffin pan, oiled (8 tins)
- 1 lb. shrimp, cleaned & deveined
- 1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls (garlic-butter flavor)
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 heaping Tbs all-purpose flour
- 3 cups stock or water
- salt, cayenne & black pepper
I peeled and deveined 1 lb. of Gulf of Mexico white shrimp (21-25 count), that means there are 21 to 25 shrimp per pound, and cooked them in much the same way I do my regular shrimp etouffee, except I did not cook the shrimp all of the way knowing that they will finish cooking with the dinner rolls inside the oven.
It's really simple. All that I do is scoop some of the mixture, along with 2-3 shrimp, into each muffin tin on top of the laid-out dough. Then I close the dough-flap, tuck it into the side, cook them in a pre-heated 350 degree F. oven for 20 minutes, let cool, and serve.
Visit http://realcajuncooking.com for the video version of this recipe.
Make your web videos play on iPhone/iPod/iPad - FREE Download!