Homemade bread pudding became a welcomed annual tradition at our home. Besides the roasted turkey, the fabulous Cajun dirty rice, giblet gravy, and other complementary side dishes to die for, when it came time for desert, ma's bread pudding always took center stage at the conclusion of the feast.
Simple to make, this tasty bread pudding can tame the cravings of even the most ardent sweet-tooth monsters at your next dinner party.
- 4 cups regular milk
- 8 slices stale bread
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbs. sugar (to be added later)
- heat milk, pour over bread and mash.
- add evaporated milk, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, cinamon and mix well.
- bake uncovered in buttered pan at 375°F. for approx. 1 hour.
- beat egg whites until very stiff.
- add 4 Tbs. sugar and beat until dissolved.
- pour over pudding.
- return to oven and brown at 350°F.
You may also be interested in a new way of dieting. Click Here!